If you live near an urban area or store food anywhere on your property then your property could be vulnerable to cockroaches. They have been around for a very long time and are known for their ability to adapt and survive. Cockroaches are considered pests and if you see just one there's a good chance you have more hidden away somewhere.
Cockroaches are pest for a number of reasons, from the fact they scare people, including customers, to the fact that cockroaches carry with them a number of diseases that can be potentially quite serious to humans.
Cockroaches in your place of business can ruin your reputation and they are notoriously considered a sign of an unclean space. However, there are other concerns that make cockroaches pests that must be dealt with by professionals.
Cockroaches can bring about illnesses such as:
- Food poisoning - because they like to eat rotten food and crawl around unsanitary places, they can track germs across the food on your counter and in cabinets and that can cause food poisoning.
- Dysentery - a disease that comes from ingesting fecal matter, which cockroaches are more than happy to walk across and then bring onto your food.
- Tapeworms - which can cause serious illness and problems with digesting food in humans and other animals.
- Roundworm - parasite organisms, such as pinworms, that can be very dangerous to humans and cause illnesses such as trichinosis.
- Fungus - cockroach droppings, shed skins and other material can develop fungi that will affect the lungs or eyes. Those with asthma can be very much at risk from fungus left by cockroaches.
- Viruses - roaches are known to carry a number of viruses including those as serious as polio.
- Allergies - cockroach droppings, skins and saliva are one of the leading causes of allergies for those who live in urban locations.
Sleep Tight Pest Control can provide professional, targeted treatment methods for your home or business.
Our certified technicians provide a quick and reliable service to gain control of the problem and offer expert tips on prevention.